One day you wake up, and realize it’s June. The months have been flying by, you’ve been doing your thing, and then BAM, it’s summer and half the year is gone. (whaaat?)
Summer is here, and it’s the perfect time for a mid-year review
Are you on track?
Have you done the things you wanted to do?
Have you achieved what you thought you would by now?
Are you feeling good about your business?
If so, good for you! If not, why not?
It’s so easy to get caught up in the day-to-day and though you may have set some concrete goals at the beginning of the year, it’s easy to lose sight of those goals and get off track.
So let’s pause here and reflect. Stop. Take a breath.
Let’s get started
First, want to identify what IS working and what ISN’T. You have to look back, because you can’t move forward without seeing where you’ve been.
Then you’ll make a new plan for the next 3-6 months.
Here are some questions to reflect on:
- What went well? What do you want to celebrate? What have you achieved?
- How did you get there? What did you do that contributed to the success?
- Where did things fall short? What did you hope to achieve but didn’t quite get there?
- Can you pinpoint why you didn’t reach that goal? What did you do or did you NOT do that contributed?
- How did you feel over the past 5+ months? About your work, personal life, everything?
- What made you happy, angry, frustrated, grateful, joyful, motivated, etc.? Get it all out.
Look at the numbers:
- What was your gross income, your expenses, and your profit?
- Which products or services that you offer were the most popular, as in sold the best?
- Which products or services didn’t perform so well, and is it worth keeping them? Or could a little tweaking fix things?
- What’s the health of your community? (Social media followers,email subscribers, etc.) How has this changed since the beginning of the year?
- What’s the one thing that is standing in your way? What’s holding you back?
Plan ahead for success
What do you want to happen in the next 3-6 months?
You can certainly plan out the rest of the year, or you can do what I do and just look at the next 2-3 months. I like to have a general year-end set of goals, but in reality I’m only working a few months ahead because I find that things change and I like to have flexibility.
- What will your business look like at the end of this period? What will you have achieved, and what type of lifestyle will you be living?
- How will you feel?
- What’s your big picture goal? Are you clear on that?
- What’s your revenue goal?
- What do you need to do to make that happen? What are the next 2-3 steps?
- Do you need to enlist the help of others to make this work?
- Do you have the knowledge that you need to pull this off, or do you need to take a course (or other type of study)?
You know what to do. You have all the tools and the information you need right inside that head of yours.
Trust your intuition, set the intention, and make it happen.
When you take time to look at the big picture, you’ll have a better idea of what you need to do to craft the future you want.